Monday, May 30, 2011

Inspiration

So, what's my inspiration and what type of design do I like? My absolute favorite design style is french vintage. I just love, love, love it! A few months ago I was going through some episodes of The Nate Berkus Show. Maria from Dreamy Whites (one of my favorite blogs) was a "House Proud" guest and I absolutely fell in love with her home and everything french vintage. You absolutely must check out her blog and her online store. I would love to buy everything from her store, but my budget doesn't allow for it!

Another blogger I love to follow is none other than another Nate Berkus alum - Mr. Goodwill Hunting, Rashon Carraway. This guy is absolutely wonderful and such a joy to watch! I really love re-using items and he always has the most fabulous finds! I have never shopped at a thrift store, but might check one out soon to see what kind of furniture and home decor items might be lurking about!

I also love following Jeanne Oliver Designs' blog. She always has some great design ideas and inspirations. Her shop is also absolutely wonderful!


Some other things I love:



I absolutely love the grey walls and white trim in the dining room above. This room is so stunning!




The above image is my absolute favorite find! I love everything about this room and would really love to incorporate these elements with a grey wall... possible a textured wall. I'm just not sure yet, but would love your thoughts and suggestions! Our bedroom is quite tiny! Stay tuned for my latest challenge...

No comments:

Post a Comment