Sunday, May 29, 2011

Challenge #1 - Living Room

And so my design challenge begins! I wanted to start by showing you a layout of our home. I work from home as a web developer and need a small office area. Right now this is in the corner of my son's room... eh, I know! It is my goal to acquire some type of hutch and organize everything in it, along with my computers so it can be shut and out of sight when I am not working. The main part of the house is fairly square with all rooms around 12 x 14, as you can see below:

So, what's my first challenge? My living room! Everything is at bare bones - I just want you to know that! Here are before pictures:




As you can see - I've pretty much done nothing! I did throw up a few pictures on the wall because I was tired of looking at a blank wall, but managed to get them crooked and off-centered! Haha!

I have since painted the walls a brown color with white trim. Why? Well, I absolutely love the color and I want to add a lot of white to the room. I thought the white could really pop against this gorgeous color. I will post pictures soon! What else have I done? Absolutely... nothing! I need your help! Next post... designs I love, blogs I love, and inspirations!

No comments:

Post a Comment